SciGirls Educator Training-Bozeman (Adults)
SciGirls is an Emmy-award winning PBS Kids television series, website, and teaching methodology dedicated to changing the way millions of girls (and boys) think about STEM. Local educators are invited to participate in a hands-on, minds-on professional development training hosted by the Girl Scouts of Montana & Wyoming. We welcome you to practice proven strategies for engaging more girls in STEM while building a neutrally buoyant diver, lighting up a room with dough creatures, and much more! Participants attending this workshop will:
- learn the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
- Experience hands-on STEM activities
- Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
- Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the 'SciGirls Seven'
- Discover additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids.
All participants will receive the seven SciGirls activity guides and their accompanying DVDs!
To register, please go to the National Girls Collaborative Project web page at www.ngcproject.org, then create a username & password. After your account is created, you can navigate the SciGirls page at www.ngcproject.org/SciGirls to find the training event, SciGirls Training - Bozeman, MT. Click on the event, find the 'sign up' button, and then view your cart to complete your purchase. Follow the directions and fill out the form as directed. Please call Sarah at 1.800.736.5243 x2306 if you would like more information on registering or to register over the phone.
This event is open to adults.
Registration deadline: November 2
Adult min/max: 10/35