Girl Scout destinations: Your Passport to Travel
A Girl Scout destination is your chance to go somewhere new, do something different, and meet people from everywhere you can imagine! Destinations is one of the greatest opportunities that Girl Scouting offers for girls ages 11 to 17. Girls Scout destinations provides girls the chance to travel across their state, the US and overseas!
Girls may apply through their council for up to four events each year. Don’t be intimated by the price of a destination. There are council travel scholarships available, or the Juliette Low World Friendship Fund can help fund your experience! You can also raise money for your destination in many ways. (Be sure to check with council to get fundraisers approved.)
There are six categories of destinations to choose from. They include the following:
- International: Events outside of the US. This year International events include Peru, Costa Rica, Iceland, England, India, New Zealand, and Ecuador.
- Outdoors: Events ranging from outdoor learning skills to Outward Bound challenges on land or sea.
- Science: Events that take science to a new level.
- People: Events that visit cities and countrysides so you can experience the cultures of a new places.
- Apprenticeships: Events that give you hands-on, real-life experience in a potential career field.
- Getaways: Two to four day events all over the country, that don’t require the destinations application. Getaways are designed for troops or small groups.
Check out the website at girlscouts.org/forgirls/travel to learn more about destinations or to apply.