DETAILS….. Annual Meeting Town Hall
At the direction of GSMW’s Board of Directors the Annual Meeting business will be conducted differently this year.
Our hope is that this format (Town Hall Meeting) will provide members with an opportunity to engage in dialogue with council staff on matters of importance to Girl Scouts. It is also an opportunity for us to recognize and celebrate local volunteers in their own communities!
Between February 22nd and March 17th all members are invited to attend a town hall meeting of their choice to:
- Hear the state of the council report
- Discuss council direction with staff
- Celebrate our awesome volunteers!
Delegate packets will be posted at www.gsmw.org on February 1, 2014, and will include relevant council reports and financial data. The packet will also include your slate of candidates for board of director nominees. Delegates will be asked to submit their signed ballot at the end of the meeting they attend.
All ballots will be opened after the final Town Hall Meeting and the results announced at www.gsmw.org on March 21, 2014.
Volunteer Recognition and Meal:
Participants at each site will enjoy a luncheon or dinner with peers and staff while receiving information on the state of the council, participating in discussions about current council direction and participating in a traditional S.W.A.P.S. exchange.
- Each meeting will conclude with a volunteer recognition celebration.
- Local board members, staff and the CEO, Sally Leep, will present volunteer appreciation awards to local recipients.
- Award recipients are encouraged to invite family and friends ($15/per person) to the event to help them celebrate their achievements.
- Girls under the age of 14 may not serve as delegates.
- If you are a volunteer receiving a recognition, and you want to invite your family members under the age of 14, your local Community Development Manager can register them on your behalf.
A registration fee of $15.00 will be assessed for each attendee and the fee will be reimbursed to volunteers who receive awards. The fee includes lunch/dinner meal.
By having local town hall meetings we hope to personally meet and celebrate volunteer achievements with many more Girl Scouts!
Please see all the “Town Hall” links for additional information.