Meet Dabi Duck! She’s just learning to fly and spread her wings, and she has landed in Montana and Wyoming to join the largest geographic Girl Scout council in the Universe!
This commemorative 100th anniversary duckie makes the perfect traveling companion, as well as the perfect companion to join girls in the Great Girl Scout Duckcathlon!
The contest has been extended to December 31, 2012!
Girls can participate as individuals or with their troop! Prizes are awarded for the top achiever in each category (troop and individual), and a grand prize will be awarded to the top achiever overall (awarded to the highest achiever in the most number of categories for both troop and individual).
In the case of a tie, the most creative photograph as determined by a panel of judges will be awarded as the top achiever.
How to participate
Are you traveling to a new place? Visiting a foreign country? Gathering with other Girl Scouts? Take a photo with Dabi – either as a troop or individual, and submit the photo to GSMW to share on Dabi’s blog.
Each submission must be accompanied with a brief paragraph explaining the event and how it applies to the following category:
- #1. Duckie(s) that travel the furthest from home
- #2. Duckie(s) that travel to the most states
- #3. Duckie(s) that visit the most continents
- #4. Duckie(s) that swam in the largest body of water
- #5. Duckie(s) in the deepest snow
- #6. Duckie(s) in the hottest climate
- #7. Duckie(s) at the highest elevation
- #8. Duckie(s) in the biggest city
- #9. Duckie(s) in the smallest town
- #10. Most duckies together in one spot
- Bonus! Make up your own categories and submit it to share with others! What marvelous adventures will you have?
Email photo(s) and description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get my own Dabi Duck?
Girls can get their FREE Dabi Duck when they attend any of the council-sponsored Journey Through Girl Scouting events. Duckies are also available for purchase through any GSMW store for $2 (available for purchase in mid-December).