For Girl Scouts and Parents – Nuts & Magazine Sales
Welcome back to another exciting year in Girl Scouts! The 2012 Fall Nut and Magazine Program theme is – What Can a Girl Do? And Get Connected! At the Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming…we KNOW that a girl can do anything she sets her mind to! Through the Financial Literacy Program girls are learning the 5 Basic Skills that will continue to benefit them into adulthood.
For 2012 we have a sensational new lineup! We still have some of your old favorites along with some yummy new items.
The refreshing mint penguins will retail for $6.00. The rich and creamy peanut butter bears are $6.00 and the spicy wasabi almonds will sell for $7.00.
Last year we introduced the suitcase tin that was filled with pop-o-pop and this year we have the mailbox tin that will be filled with chocolate covered pretzels! This is a great collector item and all of the items will make AWESOME holiday gifts.
The honey roasted peanuts and deluxe pecan clusters will retail for $5.00; chocolate covered raisins, salsa mix, gummi berries and chocolate covered almonds retail for $6.00 and the cashews will sell at $7.00. We will once again be supporting our military with the magazine vouchers that are $5.00. For every 4 orders that we receive the certificates are sent to our military personnel and they are able to purchase magazines to ready while they are deployed.
Just a friendly reminder that we collect money when the magazines are ordered and the money is collected for the nuts/candy when the product is delivered. Review the safety guidelines with the girls before the program begins and remember that the Fall Program is directed towards friends and family.
If you have any questions please contact Bernie Steffan, Product Sales Manager or Roberta Lynch, Wyoming Product Sales/Store Specialist at 800-736-5243.
Important dates to remember
- October 10 and 11: Fall Program overview webinar – New on-line nut promises and magazine orders
- October 15 and 22: nut-E for beginners – Walk through the Ashdon Farms ordering system
- October 17 and 23: nut-E refresher course – Jog your memory as we quickly run through the ordering process
- October 13: Program begins – no early starts
- October 26: Program ends
- October 29: Leader’s orders are to be entered into nut-E – magazine orders and payments sent to council headquarters at 2303 Grand Avenue, Billings MT 59102
- October 30: Service Unit Managers verify orders
- October 31: Council submits order to Ashdon Farms
- November 14-20: Delivery
- December 7: Money to be collected for nuts/candy
- December 12: Service Unit Managers – all deposit slips and/or payments along with the corresponding paperwork to council headquarters at 2303 Grand Avenue, Billings MT 59102
Internet nut and magazine orders
Your Girl Scout is just a click away from increasing her magazine and nut sales! Click on the button at the right and you will be directed to the QSP/Ashdon Farms online ordering system. Once you have your daughter registered and gone over the internet safety pledge, you can upload a photo, write a personal message and share her goal with friends and family. The next step will be to send out emails and post a message to Facebook. Your daughter can check her progress, change her message and check orders as they come in. When it is time to turn in her order card, print off the detailed order report and attach to the order card. This is a quick and easy way for your friends and family miles away to support their favorite Girl Scout. Magazines can be paid for with a credit card BUT the nuts and candy will be delivered to the troop and the family is responsible for payment and shipment.
Download Using the QSP Online Program Flyer for further details.
Using Facebook to drive sales
Invite your Facebook friends to support our Girl Scout council. With our new tool, friends shop without ever leaving Facebook and your council and Girl Scout receive the credit!
- Register your Girl Scout with the online QSP system
- Click “Select Participant”
- Select “Facebook” from the sidebar menu
- Click “Post to Facebook
- Type in your message and click the blue “Share Link” button. Your message will automatically post in your newsfeed for your Facebook friends to see
Download the flyer for detailed instruction.