Frequently Asked Questions – Online Accounts, E-Biz, Registration & More
Customer Profile Management
- The site isn’t recognizing my email address, so I can’t activate my account. We probably don’t have your active email address in our system. Contact GSMW to update your email address. Afterwards, you will be able to activate your account and use the site.
- I forgot my user name and password. What should I do? The Forgot User Name and Forgot Password links on the login page allow you to set up a new user name and password. Please try those links first, if you still have problems contact GSMW and they can reset your username and password manually.
- I forgot my daughter’s user name and I am trying to reset it, but it’s not accepting my answer to the hint question. Contact GSMW so that the help desk can create a temporary password for you. After you log on, be sure to create a new password from the My Account link.
- I am trying to create a profile but it’s saying that a Duplicate Customer already exists. What should I do? You are trying to create a profile when you already have a customer record in our system. If you already have a customer record, you should create a login. To create a login, you must have an email address in our system.
- I am a member and so are my daughters. Do I have to activate accounts for all of us? Yes. You will have to activate an account for each member in your family. You also will have to log in as each member separately to register her or to update her customer profile. You can use the same e-mail for all accounts; just create a user name and password for each one.
- I don’t see a girl in my troop. She says she already reregistered? If she renewed online, then she probably was in a different troop last year and is assigned to that troop. After renewal is complete, fill out change of member information form so that GSMW can transfer her to your troop from the system. If she submitted her paper membership form to GSMW it may not have been processed yet.
- The site says my daughter does not have an active membership and I don’t see the option to renew? You likely created a profile for her instead of activating her existing account. This makes her a new customer and eliminates her history. Please contact GSMW for further assistance.
- I get financial assistance for my daughter’s membership registration. Can I still register online? No. The only payment methods accepted online are credit cards and debit cards. Please send your paper registration with the Financial Assistance form attached to GSMW and then activate your daughters account online.
- I submitted my membership registration and money to council weeks ago, yet it says I haven’t renewed. We may not have processed your registration in our system yet. As soon as we do, you will see your up-to-date membership information online.
- When trying to donate, I only see predetermined amounts to choose from. What if I want to donate a different amount? You can only choose from preset amounts online, however, you may purchase donations in multiple increments, or send donations directly to GSMW.
- I typically make a donation when I register as a member, but can’t seem to pay for both at the same time. Am I doing something wrong? No. Renewals are pre-existing transactions that must be handled separately from all other transactions online. You should pay for your renewal, and then enter the donation in a separate order.
Adult Trainings and Events
- I’m registered for a class and I’d like to switch to a different day. You cannot request a refund or transfer to a different session online. Please contact GSMW for further assistance.
- I submitted a CPR registration to the council a week ago and see online that I haven’t been registered. I’m concerned that the class is no longer available. GSMW‘s policy is to reserve a certain number of slots for registrations that come through the office in paper form. You will be notified once your registration is processed.
New Member Registrations
- I just registered my daughter as a new member online. What troop is she in? As a brand new member she likely hasn’t been placed in a troop yet. As soon as we place her you will be notified. There is currently no way to view your daughter’s troop online.
- Can I become a lifetime member online? Yes. You will see the option for lifetime membership when you go to purchase or renew your membership.
- I just became a new member online. What can I expect now? You can expect to be contacted by email by one of our volunteers. An overview of what you can expect is available on our registration site under the Become a Member link. (http://gsusaqa.ebiz.uapps.net/vp/BecomeaMember.aspx)
- I do not see my daughter’s school in the list online and therefore cannot complete the registration. What should I do? We will have to add the school to our school listing so that you can complete the registration. You cannot add it yourself. Please contact GSMW with the school name.
- Can I update my daughter’s school or grade after completing her registration? I made a mistake. You cannot go back to the Member Profile after completing a registration and troop members cannot update this information themselves. Please contact GSMW for further assistance.
- I’m trying to register as a member but it says a duplicate customer exists. Can I continue? Go ahead select one of the records to complete the registration. Contact the registration help desk and indicate “error duplicate record”. (www.gsmw.org/registration/contact-the-help-desk/).
Programs and Events
- Can I register two girls for events at the same time? No. You have to sign in under each girl’s account to register her for an event so that the registration is tied to her customer record in our system.
- I just registered my daughter for a program. Where online can I see she is registered? Select “My Account” and then click “My Order”. There you will see her complete order history.
- Can I pay my balance for camp online? Where do I go to do this? Yes. You can pay your balance under My Account – My Orders. Simply select the line with the balance and click “Pay.”
- Can I pay my balance for camp online in partial payments? No. You can only pay the balance online with a single payment. Partial payments can only be processed through GSMW headquarters.
- Will my credit cards automatically be charged the balance on the due date? No. For security reasons, we do not store your credit card information for later use. You must come back to the site to pay your balance.
- Can I request a buddy online? No. Buddy requests cannot be processed on line. Please contact GSMW for further assistance.
- I’m a leader but cannot access my troop online. Likely your position of Leader has not been made active in our system yet. Please contact GSMW for further assistance.
- I do not see some of the other volunteers on the troop list like the co-leader or cookie mom? Likely the council has not made their positions active in the system. Until then, they will show with a position code of 14. Please contact GSMW for further assistance.
- How can I update a girl’s address or phone number online? From Troop Management, click the girl’s name in the troop list. From there you will see you are managing the girl record. Make the edits and then save your changes.
- A girl doesn’t show on my troop list. She said she already reregistered online by renewing her membership. She likely was in a different troop last year. When you renew from My Account, you renew to the same troop. We need to transfer her to your troop within the system. Please contact GSMW.
- I’m a leader. When I try to access my troop online, the system won’t let me? Did you register online and self-report the “01” position? If so, it likely still has not been approved by council. Once it is approved, you will be able to access your troop online.
- I no longer see the girls in my troop. What happened? I still need to reregister some girls! The troop list only shows active members; at the end of the membership year, all members who have not yet renewed drop off the list. That is why we underscored the importance of processing renewals prior to the end of the membership year. Please contact Council for further assistance.
- How do I add a girl who was in a different troop last year? Please ask the girl’s guardian or former Troop Leader to renew the girl’s membership. After renewal is complete, fill out the change of member information form so that we can transfer her to your troop from the system.
- Can I change an individual as a co-leader of the troop? Currently my co-leader does not have a position assigned? Positions can be reported during member registration or changed by the member from her My Account screen. Please note that all positions reported online must be approved by GSMW before they show as active on the troop.
Troop Program & Event Registrations
- I registered some of the members of my troop for an event. Can I see who I registered or print some kind of roster? Print your receipt when you place your order so you have a roster for future reference.
- Can I reserve spots online for a troop event without knowing the names of the girls attending? No. You have to select the girls who will be attending the event when you register them online.
- The leader of my daughter’s troop registered her for an event online. Is there a way that I can see the registration when I log on? No, Your daughter’s troop leader will need to print the registration for confirmation. GSUSA is working on an enchantment to this feature for a smoother process in the future.
- Can I change a participant’s name when a troop member decides to go in someone else’s place? No. All transfers must be handled by GSMW. Please do not select random girls to reserve spots for an event because the girl’s participation history will be incorrect.