Please consider becoming a delegate for the 2016 GSMW’s Annual Business Meeting. This year offers a unique opportunity in that the meeting will be held via a webinar format. After examining past results, options and costs, Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming’s Board of Directors unanimously adopted the webinar format for GSMW’s 2016 Annual Business Meeting. This year’s Annual Business Meeting will be held on Thursday, April 21st beginning at 6 PM MST.
As you know, our council is the largest in the contiguous U.S. covering 245,000 square miles. Being this special does come with some costs. The Board of Directors is very aware of the extra value and fun that comes from meeting in person, but it is not fair that some are excluded because they cannot travel hundreds of miles to attend (in winter no less). In-person meetings require a large amount of time, money, and natural resources. Using a webinar format, delegates will be able to call/dial in from any location throughout our council’s jurisdiction.
Girl Scouts, age 14 years of age and over who are currently registered Girl Scout members and are in good financial standing with GSMW, are eligible to be delegates. We need several delegates from each region across Montana and Wyoming to represent their area. It would be great to have a variety of representation from all across our council. Please consider becoming a delegate for the 2016 GSMW’s Annual Business Meeting and representing your area! Please contact your local Community Development Manager if you are interested.
Adult Recognition Events that have been traditionally been held at the same time as the Annual Business Meeting, and they will be held locally as they were last year.
The following holidays are typically observed by Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday of January)
- Presidents’ Day (3rd Monday of February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday of May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- National Holiday (2nd Monday of October)
- Thanksgiving (4th Thursday in Nov. and subsequent day)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24, 25)
Dates will be posted in advance:
- Offices may close for staff training and annual events. Signs will be posted.
- GSMW Retail Stores may close for inventory tracking.